jueves, 18 de mayo de 2017

Deep regret

For Literature`s class, we had to choose one of the tasks given: In one we have to create a mythological creature that protects the place where you live and the other, write about someone that you have lost. I picked the last one, here it is:

I lost you the moment I decided not to believe you.
Not to believe in your words, but in my inner voices
Tormenting me in my deepest thoughts, full of lies and wiles
Knowing how insecure I am when its about you
Stabbing me in the back, too late to realise
That you were right. 

Now I have to endure the pain that I provoke myself
Lying on my bed, thinking of how it could have ended

Now we would be hugged, talking of how bad our schoolday was
Laughing of our disgraces, as if they were nothing but jokes.

You were all I have, all I need, more than I could deserve 
We were like nails and grime, so united that no one could stopped us. 
But me.
And I just needed to say "Go away, dont speak to me again"
To loose the only person I truly loved but, as a fool, didnt trust.  

Resultado de imagen para girl crying

1 comentario:

  1. Excellent work, Flor.
    Your poem explores the mixture of regret and sadness break-ups usually come with.
    If I may say, I´m not such a fan of the "nail and grime" metaphor for two reasons: it seems to disrupt the romatic/tragic atmosphere of the poem and also, it reminds of a typical saying in Spanish. Remember poetry is about making words sound new.

    9 (nine)

    ResponderEliminar